WARRANTY ON GABRIEL SHOCK ABSORBERS
- This warranty is expressed in lieu of All other warranties and representations express or implied.
- Gabriel SA warrants that All products supplied to its customers comply with the relevant industry quality standards.
- The Gabriel shock absorbers warranty is in accordance to the following schedule, subject to the specific restrictions and or warranty limitations which are detailed below.
- Gabriel® shock absorbers used on passenger cars and light commercial vehicles (up to 1 000 kg load capacity), are warranted for a period of 36 (thirty-six) months from the date of purchase. This only applies in South Africa only. Botswana, Namibia, Swaziland and Lesotho. Zimbabwe, Zambia, Malawi and Mozambique have a warranty as per 3.2 below on All vehicle types. All other countries terms and conditions are available on enquiry.
- Gabriel® shock absorbers used on All other types of vehicles are warranted for a period of 12 (twelve) months from date of sale to user, or 20 000 km, whichever occurs first.
- Gabriel® gas-springs (Gabriel Gaslift®), both industrial and automotive are warranted for a period of 12 (twelve) months from date of sale to user.
- From time to time, Gabriel SA may run promotions or programs that strengthen the standard Gabriel Warranty Policy. In All circumstances, Gabriel SA will clearly state any changes to the Original Warranty in All of its communications. If a warranty is requested under the provisions of one of these programs or promotions, Gabriel SA will always ensure that it is processed in line with the specific terms and conditions stated.
- The Gabriel SA warranty covers All manufacturing defects, but does not cover normal deterioration of product through normal use. Gabriel SA warrants that the products manufactured and or distributed shall be free from defects in material and workmanship.
- Any product, in respect of which a manufacturing defect has been found, may be returned to Gabriel SA within its warranty period in order for it to be repaired or replaced or to have the purchase price of the product repaid, at Gabriel SA’s discretion. The replacement unit will be similarly warranted but only for the balance of the duration of the original warranty.
CONSUMER PROTECTION ACT WARRANTIES
- In terms of the Consumer Protection Act No. 68 of 2008 (CPA), in the event that a product supplied by Gabriel SA is unsuitable for its intended purpose, of poor quality, not in a good working order, defective, sub-standard or wears out before the reasonable service life of the product and the product is returned to Gabriel SA within six months after delivery of the product to the buyer, Gabriel SA will:
- Repair the product;
- Replace the product; or
- Refund the price of the product.
- In terms of the CPA, if Gabriel SA is directed to repair the product and within 3 months after that repair, that repair is ineffective or a further problem with the product is discovered, Gabriel SA will then replace the product or refund the price of the product.
- Gabriel SA will have the right not to provide the remedies set out above to the extent that the CPA does not oblige Gabriel SA to do so in the circumstances of a particular case.
GENERAL CONDITIONS, RESTRICTIONS AND LIMITATIONS
- The buyer of the product must make use of Gabriel SA’s returns policy and claims procedure, available on the Gabriel website www.gabriel.co.za, or available directly from the company or any of its representatives. Except to the extent impermissible in terms of the CPA, no warranty claims will be approved by Gabriel SA unless these returns policy and claims procedures are followed.
- Notwithstanding the returns policy but subject to the CPA, Gabriel SA reserves the right to at any stage reject the return of goods, should it feel that the goods have been abused or that the goods have deteriorated through excessive use within the warranty period. Gabriel SA shall then have the option to return the rejected goods to the buyer.
- Gabriel SA shall not be liable for damages resulting from delays in shipment or inability to ship due to normal production and shipment delays or those resulting from acts of God, fires, floods, wars, sabotage, accidents, labour disputes or shortages, plant shutdown or equipment failure, voluntary or involuntary compliances with any law, order, rule or regulation of governmental agency or authority; or inability to obtain material (including power and fuel), equipment or transportation, or arising from any other contingency, circumstances or event beyond the control of Gabriel SA.
- All Gabriel products are fit for purpose for which they have been supplied. In the case of products listed in this catalogue, products should only be used on the vehicles described and under operating conditions appropriate to these vehicles. The warranty does not extend to vehicles with lowered or modified suspensions and only to goods where the user can prove that such goods became defective in normal and proper use.
- Except to the extent permissible in terms of the CPA, Gabriel SA will not be liable for any loss of profit or any consequential loss or damage, from whatever cause arising, including loss of any labour or fitment costs.
- The above warranty only applies within the warranty period and when proof of purchase can be verified. A copy of the customer’s original purchase invoice is required for All warranty claims. The customer’s details should be provided with the claim.
- Under no circumstances will warranty claims be entertained if the piston rod of the faulty unit has sustained any damage that appears to have been inflicted by tools
- The warranty will be void if bump rubbers are not used.
For your ease and convenience, Gabriel SA have created a single telephone number to register either a Warranty or an Extended Warranty. This number is 0861 GABRIEL (0861 422 7435)
REGISTERING A NORMAL GABRIEL WARRANTY
- To assist in the quick processing of claims through the Warranty Call Centre, it is important to have the following information with you prior to making the call:
- The vehicle make, model and year that the part was fitted to.
- The claimed product part number
- The claimed manufacturing date code (required unless the product is still fitted)
- The original invoice with date of issue and invoice number
- The type of fault or customer compliant (this relates to the documented fault codes presented in the catalogue)
- The motorists name and phone number (optional)
- The extended warranty registration number (if applicable)
- Call 0861 GABRIEL (0861 422 7435) and request to log a standard Warranty Claim
- A call centre agent will ask you the questions stated in No.1 above and should the answers fall in line with our warranty policy, a preauthorisation claim number will be issued (RMA Number). It is this number that is to be recorded along with your own request for credit documentation (RFC) back to your product supplier. We advise that this RMA number is physically written on the product with either a Black or White paint pen prior to returning the product back.
- Should an RMA not be issued, the reason will be explained to you by the call center agent.
- Gabriel SA can allow you the option to submit your requests for credit with your supplier, however you must first confirm with your supplier that they are happy to receive a claimed product without an RMA number. Further there are no guarantees that the claim will be honoured, as this is based on an inspection required by a Gabriel Representative who may reject the claim.
- In line with its Warranty Policy, Gabriel honours All of its product from any store that a warranty is claimed from, irrespective of where the customer initially purchased the product from. If you are not the original sell, it is still your responsibility to validate if a customer has a valid claim and to process the claim in line with this procedure. We so advise that you make a copy of the claimed invoice for your records.
- For further enquiries, please feel free to contact our offices or your Gabriel Representative.
- See below for warranty fault codes required for your registration.