GABRIEL SHOCKS FOR LIFE TERMS AND CONDITIONS (Essential Services Offer)
The conditions below describe the terms and scope of an extended warranty provided under the Gabriel Shocks for Life programme (hereafter referred to as SFL).
Gabriel SA (Pty) Ltd (hereafter referred to as the Company) from time to time may offer the Shocks for Life (SFL) programme at its discretion or under conditional promotional activity for limited and prescribed periods.
The Gabriel Shocks for Life (SFL) programme under no way replaces the standard Warranty Policy that can be found on our website www.gabriel.co.za
INFORMATION ABOUT US
Shocks For Life is a registered trade mark of Gabriel SA (Pty) Ltd. SFL is provided to the customer (you, your) under conditional promotional activity for limited and prescribed periods by Gabriel SA (Pty) Ltd. with Company Registration Number 1970/012286/07 with address 76 White Road, Retreat, Cape Town, 7945 and telephone number 021 710 6800
THE SHOCKS FOR LIFE WARRANTY
- Registration of purchase during the SFL offer period, with all supporting information and documentation for the SFL programme needs to be registered online at www.gabriel.co.za/shocks-for-life
- Receipt of an e-mail from Gabriel SA confirming that the Company has received and processed the SFL registration.
- The SFL Warranty will be officially formed once the Company sends confirmation along with a SFL registration certificate.
- The SFL certificate must be presented to the Company with any SFL warranty claim
- The terms and conditions set out herein in respect of the registered SFL warranty are understood.
- You warrant that you are legally capable and are at least 18 years old.
WEBSITE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Subject to the Scope of the SFL Warranty, we will replace, free of charge or freight cost, the registered Gabriel shock absorbers originally purchased and registered with the SFL programme for the lifetime of the vehicle within the ownership of the registered vehicle owner.
SCOPE OF THE SFL WARRANTY
- The Essential Services Shocks For Life programme is a specific offer open to Essential Services personnel only operating during the COVID-19 lockdown period.
- The period of this SFL promotional offer is 1 May 2020 to 30 September 2020
- The Company reserves the right to request additional documentation or proof that the registered person is/was an essential services worker when registering the SFL warranty registration.
- The Company reserves the right to refuse or void the SFL warranty should it be found that a false declaration as an essential services worker had been registered for the SFL warranty offer.
- Subject to successful and acknowledged registration on the SFL portal www.gabriel.co.za/shocks-for-life
- The SFL warranty covers replacement of the registered and purchased units as reflected on the purchase invoice only for the life and ownership of the SFL registered vehicle.
- All costs associated with fitment and installation will be the responsibility of the registered vehicle owner and not to that of the Company.
- The SFL warranty is only applicable to purchases and vehicle registrations within the borders of the Republic of South Africa.
- The SFL warranty is non-transferable and is bound to the vehicle and owner as registered on the SFL portal www.gabriel.co.za/shocks-for-life
- Where clear product abuse or improper use is found, the SFL warranty will be void.
- The correct fitment and application is the responsibility of the SFL registered vehicle owner, improper installation, assembly, improper use, poor maintenance or failure to observe operating or fitting instructions the warranty will be void.
- The SFL warranty conditions apply to Gabriel shock absorbers purchased in the Republic of South Africa only and registered with the SFL portal www.gabriel.co.za/shocks-for-life along with the corresponding SFL Registration Certificate.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
- If the Company fails to comply with these terms and conditions, the Company shall only be liable for the replacement cost of the registered units.
- Other claims in respect of compensation for indirect or consequential loss under this programme are excluded.
- The Company from time to time will discontinue the production of certain references. Should the SFL registered units be discontinued for whatever reason, the SFL warranty will be void without compensation or claim.
Transfer of rights and obligations
- The SFL Warranty between the registered party and the Company is binding and on our respective successors and assignees.
- You may not transfer or assign, this SFL warranty, or any of your rights or obligations arising under it.
Events outside control
The Company will not be liable or responsible for any failure to perform, or delay in performance of, any of our obligations under the SFL Warranty that is caused by events outside our reasonable control (force majeure event).
A force majeure event includes any act, event, non-happening, omission or accident beyond our reasonable control and includes in particular (without limitation) the following:
- Strikes, lock-outs or other industrial action.
- Civil commotion, riot, invasion, terrorist attack or threat of terrorist attack, war (whether declared or not) or threat or preparation for war.
- Fire, explosion, storm, flood, earthquake, subsidence, epidemic or other natural disaster.
- Impossibility of the use of railways, shipping, aircraft, motor transport or other means of public or private transport.
- Impossibility of the use of public or private telecommunications networks, and
- The acts, decrees, legislation, regulations or restrictions of The Government of the Republic of South Africa
Variation to these terms and conditions:
The Company may vary these terms and conditions from time to time provided that such changes do not materially affect the nature and quality of the SFL Warranty. Any such changes will be notified to you as soon as is reasonably practicable or if warranted.
Governing law and jurisdiction
Any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with the SFL Warranty, its subject matter or formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims) will be governed by the laws of the Republic of South Africa.